Topic: Opioid Epidemic Update and Pain Management Best Practices
FULFILLS STATE REQUIREMENT for pain management for RNs and APRNs
This live, virtual continuing education conference session will provide an update to the opioid epidemic and current best pain management practices and will discuss ways that RNs and advanced practice nurses can stay current and implement effective strategies in the care they provide to their patients to alleviate the current prevalence of opioid misuse. Attending the full virtual live presentation and completing the post session evaluation will fulfill required pain management training for state of Michigan RNs and APRNs.
Date: This live virtual session will occur on September 13, 2022
Time: 2:45-5:00 pm: A Zoom link will be emailed to all registered attendees no later than Wednesday September 7th
Place: Virtual – Zoom
Cost: Free for MNA members and students: $20.00 for non-members
Registration is required and is open until September 6th, at 5pm. Refunds will be honored in full before September 6th.
About the presenters
RNs and Advanced Practice Nurses (APRNs) interested in gaining or expanding knowledge on the opioid epidemic and strategies to improve patient care outcomes using pain management best practices. This module fulfills the State of Michigan’s mandatory training requirement on pain management for RNs and APRNs.
- Describe current best practices in pain management
- Describe background and epidemiology of opioid misuse/use disorders and overdose
- Define the behaviors and signs/symptoms which may indicate an opioid use disorder
- Identify myths, realities, and changes in the opioid use disorder (OUD) patient
- Identify pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches for pain management
- Identify risk factors and best practices to alleviate opioid misuse including overdose
- Synthesize strategies for developing overdose prevention education messages
80% of learners will verbalize that this activity provided updated information regarding the opioid epidemic and increased their knowledge of pain management best practices around opioid use.
Successful Completion Criteria
- Attend live presentation in its entirety
- Successfully complete post session evaluation
Contact Hours: 2
Relevant Financial Relationship and Commercial Interest – Disclaimer
No relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations or commercial bias exists for anyone in the position to control content for this activity.
Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Thank you! We hope to see you at the event!
For further event information please email firstname.lastname@example.org