Have you ever been slapped, bullied, screamed at, or yelled at by a patient or patient’s friend or family member while providing care? If yes, we have a new CE for you after which you will be better equipped with some valuable tools to help combat and put an end to workplace violence!
- Define workplace violence and its incidence.
- Differentiate the effects of workplace violence on nurses.
- Synthesize at least 1 intervention or action to combat workplace violence including identifying, reporting and communication techniques.
Participants that complete the CE presentation and post-test/evaluation in their entirety and pass the post test with 80% or higher will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 1 contact hour of continuing education.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
COST: This CE is FREE for MNA members and $20 for non-members.
POST-TEST: Complete the post-test & evaluation response form and make your payment ONLINE by clicking here.
AWARDING OF CE
- Participants who achieve a minimum passing score of 80% will receive a certificate awarding 1 contact hour.
- Participants who do not achieve a passing score will have the option to gain success with the material by repeating the material and test at no additional cost.
Joint Commission R3 Report – Workplace Violence Prevention Standards, effective January 2022
Caring for our Caregivers. Preventing Workplace Violence: A roadmap for Healthcare Facilities. OSHA, 2015
Workplace violence prevention (2010-2021, National Nurses United)
AACN Position Statement: Preventing Violence Against Healthcare Workers (2019)
Prevalence of workplace violence against healthcare workers: a systematic review and meta-analysis (Liu, et al., 2019)
Preventing Workplace Violence (U.S. Department of Labor: Retrieved January 2022)