Nurses can play a vital role in promoting understanding of climate change as a health issue. They can advance practice, protect community members against health threats, and advocate for a sustainable environment and health protective policies. This 1.0 professional development module will help you build knowledge, practical skills and gain a sense of community among nurse colleagues working to address climate change and health impacts.
- Outline and explain the relationship between health and environment.
- List and describe 3 ways that climate change affects the health of Michigan residents
- Identify 2 strategies in which you can engage with climate change advocacy in Michigan or a specific
Participants that view the module in its entirety, complete the evaluation, and pass the post-test with 80% or higher, will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 1 contact hour of continuing education.
FREE for MNA members and non-members – this is a holiday gift for all Michigan Nurses through January 31, 2023
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
POST TEST DIRECTIONS
COST: FREE for MNA members and non-members – this is a holiday gift for all Michigan Nurses through January 31, 2023
POST-TEST: Complete the post-test & evaluation response form ONLINE by clicking here.
AWARDING OF CE
- Participants who achieve a minimum passing score of 80% will receive a certificate awarding 1 contact hour.
- Participants who do not achieve a passing score will have the option to gain success with the material by repeating the material and test at no additional cost.