This 1.0 contact hour CE is an updated module on human trafficking with the addition of domestic violence component. Participants will be able to describe risk factors and red flags for human trafficking and utilize key principles of trauma informed approach when providing care to victims of human trafficking and domestic violence. Meets state requirements.
- Compare human trafficking & domestic violence: Risk factors, Red flags, and Response
- Identify common health issues in victims of human trafficking and domestic violence
- Describe key principles of trauma-informed approach
Participants that complete the CE presentation and post-test/evaluation in their entirety and pass the post-test with 80% or higher, will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 1.0 contact hour of continuing education.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
POST TEST DIRECTIONS
COST: This CE is FREE for MNA members and $20 for non-members
POST-TEST: Complete the post-test & evaluation response form ONLINE by clicking here.
AWARDING OF CE
- Participants who achieve a minimum passing score of 80% will receive a certificate awarding 1 contact hour.
- Participants who do not achieve a passing score will have the option to gain success with the material by repeating the material and test at no additional cost.
- Dabby, C. (2019). Domestic violence and human trafficking: Advocacy at the intersections. Office of Family Violence and Prevention Services, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center. (n.d.). Serving human trafficking victims and survivors: An introduction for domestic violence organizations. Polaris Projec
- National Domestic Violence Hotline. (n.d.). Understand relationship abuse: We’re all affected by the issue of domestic violence
Office for Victims of Crimes. (nd). Human trafficking